FL-CKF is frequently called upon as an expert in health coverage and health literacy for its ability to reach out to diverse audiences and educate consumers about health coverage and utilization including those under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and Medicaid.
Do you need rental or mortgage assistance because you have been impacted by COVID-19?
The Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) is a federally funded program that may be able to help you with rent/mortgage, utilities, medication, transportation, work supplies and educational assistance.
Our elderly companion care services provide the social interaction and helping hand many seniors need to live happily and comfortably at home.
Our senior companion care services include, but are not limited to:
• Caring companionship and conversation
• Help with hobbies
o Scrap booking
o Artistic pursuits
o Playing games
o Sports & news
o General shopping and errands
o Doctor visits
o Religious services
o Community events
The Alliance for Eating Disorders Awareness (The Alliance) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to provide programs and activities aimed at outreach, education, early intervention, and advocacy for all eating disorders.
The Alliance offers:
The Alliance for Eating Disorders Awareness (The Alliance) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to providing programs and activities aimed at outreach, education, early intervention, and advocacy for all eating disorders. Founded in October 2000, The Alliance has worked tirelessly to raise awareness; eliminate secrecy and stigma; promote access to care; and support those susceptible to, currently struggling with, and recovered from eating disorders. We create a bridge for those needing and seeking help by connecting people with resources to assist them in recovery.
Florida residents have access to a Prescription Assistance Program.The program can be used with most health insurance plans to reduce prescription costs.
Florida Rx card is accepted a multiple pharmacies throughout the state.
Public Access to Legal Research Materials and Databases
Alachua County offers a victim services and rape crisis center that provides:
- Immediate outreach to victims of sexual battery and violent crime 24/7. Accompany victims of sexual battery to the hospital during the initial rape examination.
- Face-to-face individual counseling for victims and their families.
- Support groups that range for female survivors of sexual assault, male survivors of sexual assault, LGBTQ+ survivors of sexual assault and intimate partner violence, adults molested as children, teen girls ages 13-16 who are survivors of sexual abuse, and family/friends of those killed by violent crime.
- Confidential HIV/AIDS testing.
- Accompany and support through any criminal proceedings that may follow (testimony, deposition, trial, sentencing, etc.).
- Assist victims in filing for Victim Compensation and/or sexual battery relocation.
- Community education, consultation, and speeches.