High Springs Social Services Center, Inc. provides a many social services to those in need within the community.
A full list of services they provide follows:
- Assistance to Elderly, Retarded and Illiterates when Applying for Benefits
- Clothes Closet
- Distribution of USDA Commodities - Monthly
- Food Pantry
- Has developed, maintains and distributes "Helpcard"
- Help Transients with gasoline vouchers and bag lunches
- Mental Health Division (state of Florida) provides counseling once a month at the center
- Reading Program for Functionally Illiterate Adults
- Referral to Medical, Labor and Addiction Services
- Registers Children for "Headstart" program
- Registers Clients for USDA commodities
- Serves as a coordination center for family crises
- Works with Alachua County Courts (Community service)
Please call or visit website for more information.