Safe Family for Children is a network of host families that help parents who need to temporarily place their children.
SFFC is not foster care or adoption. In foster care, children are wards of the State and families receive compensation for taking children into their homes. Host families receive no compensation for caring for children. Parents voluntarily place their children with the host families. Children whom are hosted are also not believed to be victims of abuse and neglect.
This temporary care for children in need gives parents time to establish stability in their homes.
Parents remain involved:
- Bethany staff works with the parents during this transition to identify steps to regain stability and be reunited with their children quickly and safely
- Children are not in the custody of the State
- Parents are actively involved in their children’s lives and will develop a relationship with the host family
- Parents place their child into a host family home voluntarily
Parents may voluntarily place their children into a home because of any number of challenges they are facing, such as:
- Acute illness or hospitalization
- Domestic violence
- Drug or alcohol addition
- Financial difficulties
- Financial instability
- Incarceration of one parent
- Postpartum depression
- Sudden unemployment or loss of housing
Call for more information.
14 Live Oak Street
Gulf Breeze, FL 32561
Bethany Christian Services is the nation’s largest adoption agency. We also care for women facing unplanned pregnancies and orphans. We are called to care for children of all ages and in all stages of life. We serve children at conception through pregnancy counseling and by providing frozen embryos a chance for a full life through embryo adoption. We are committed to finding the best families for children in need around the world. Please call or visit our website for more info.
If you are pregnant and need immediate assistance,
call our toll-free Crisis Pregnancy Line
29 West Smith Street
Winter Garden, FL 34787