The American Red Cross provides disaster relief and health and safety services. They operate across five chapters throughout the state of Florida with a strong network of volunteers. Please call or visit the website for more information.
You are searching for Other Family Assistance Services
This agency helps people with disabilities with a broad range of services. The goal is to enable them to live as independently as possible. Sign language interpreting services are available. Some Medicaid recipients may be eligible to transfer from a nursing home to their own home.
- ADA Paratransit Screenings
- Disability Travel Training
- Employment Services
- Equipment Loan Closet
- High School High Tech Enrichment Program
- Independent Living Skills
- Information and Referral
- Nursing Home Transition Services
- Peer Support
- Sign Language Interpreting
- Travel Training
Please call for more information.
222 SW 36th Terrace
7361 Forest Oaks Boulevard
Spring Hill, Florida
3774 West Gulf-to-Lake Highway
C.H.I.P.S. (Citrus Hearing Impaired Program Services) offers the following services:
- FTRI Phone Program
- Information & Referral
- Meeting room
- Pamphlets & Information
- Programs in obtaining hearing aids, assistance in hearing screenings, and repair of hearing aids and other assistive devices
- Sign Language Classes
- Social Group Services
Call for more information.
The program offers relevant personal, social, therapeutic, and work skill training to adults with disabilities through community and center-based resources. The activities are designed to advance individual independence and expand participants’ life choices at work, home, school, and in the community.
Call or visit website for more info.
The aim of this agency is to create a barrier free environment for Floridians with visual disabilities. There are services for children and adults.
- Blind Babies Program
- Business Enterprise
- Children's Program
- Employer Services
- Independent Living
- Rehabilitation Center
- Talking Books Library
- Transition Services
Please see the website for more information.
This Center helps pregnant women and families in need. They also give support to fathers. Clients can get free pregnancy tests, diapers, baby clothes and more. They can also get emotional support and counseling. Please see the website for more information.
This program helps family members reunite with each other. They conduct searches using a variety of different methods. Please be advised that their resources are limited and they cannot always conduct a search for all clients. Please see the website for more information.
Click here for useful information: http://salvationarmyusa.org/usn/missing-persons
This ministry provides food, shelter, and case management in a safe environment for people in Alachua County. They also run Arbor House for homeless women. Please see the website for more details.
- Arbor House
- Case Management
- Daily Showers
- Emergency Shelter
- Laundry Facilities
- Personal Hygiene Items & Clothing
- Soup Kitchen
- Sunrise Residence Inn
- Transitional Housing
- Veterans Affairs
2618 NW 6th Street
Gainesville, FL. 32609
St. Johns County
70 Washington Street
St. Augustine, FL. 32084
The Centers provides Acute Care Services.
- 24 Hour Assessment Services: provides 24 hour, 7 day a week face to face mental health and substance abuse evaluations—24 hour telephone crisis intervention counseling also included
- Detoxification Services: provides inpatient/outpatient detoxification treatment for alcohol and/or drugs, individual and group counseling is included, referral for longer term residential treatment is provided as needed
- Inpatient Crisis Stabilization Services for Adults and Children: provides short-term inpatient care for those experiencing acute emotional disturbances, medication as well as individual, group, and family counseling are available
Call for more information.
The Centers provides Substance Abuse Services. Each offers something different. Call for more information.
- Adolescent Residential Treatment Services
- Adult Residential Treatment Services
- Outpatient Substance Abuse Services