Other Family Assistance Services

You are searching for Other Family Assistance Services

22 services found.

Domestic Violence Hotline - CASA - Community Action Stops Abuse

Call for Help!
CASA’s primary service area is the southern half of Pinellas County in Florida. CASA can be reached by calling the 24-hour help line, 727-895-4912. The automated voice message will instruct you to dial “1” to access an advocate any time, day or night.

If you live outside Pinellas County, call 800-799-SAFE (7233) to talk to an advocate at the domestic violence shelter in your area.

If you are in physical danger, call 911 to reach the police.

Free Legal Services - Bay Area Legal Services

This agency provides free legal services in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, and Sarasota Counties. They do not handle criminal or traffic cases. They do not handle Workers Comp claims. Please see the website for all services.

Applicants can get help with:

  • Basic needs, including housing, applying for public assistance, and consumer protection
  • Elder issues, including housing and income preservation
  • Family law issues, including divorce and domestic violence
  • Taxes

Legal Aid Line, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm: 813.232.1343
Toll Free: 1.800.625.2257
Locations: click here

Interpreters are available.

Kimberly Homes - Transitional Housing Program

The Kimberly Home offers a Housing Program. The program provides transitional housing to pregnant women and new moms. While participating in the program, residents receive help in finding a permanent home. They will also have the chance to participate in a number of informative classes. Please see the website for more information.

Services Include:

  • Childcare
  • Housing Assistance
  • Life Skills Education
  • Money Management
  • Nutrition
  • Parenting

Lealman & Asian Neighborhood Family Center - Adult Services

LANFC has several programs for adults. They are an ACCESS site for anyone who would like to apply for food stamps and other state benefits online. Adults can learn English or take a basic computer class. A Family Specialist can offer support and referrals to area agencies (appointment needed). There are also social activities for seniors. Please see the website or call for times.