North Florida Office of Public Guardian helps disabled adults without family. They offer case management.
- 24 hour, on-call availability
- Securing and overseeing any public benefits each ward is entitled to receive
- Managing finances
- Securing and oversight of support and supplemental services
- Evaluating the personal, familial, medical and care needs of the ward
- Maintaining communication with the ward’s family, if any, based on availability and receptiveness
- Evaluation and placement in an appropriate residential setting (e.g. own home, assisted living facility, nursing home)
- Authorization of medical treatment after medical consultation
- Arranging Do Not Resuscitate, Termination of Life Support orders and burial arrangements when necessary
Please call or visit website for more information.