The Affordable Connectivity Program helps low-income houses pay for internet in their homes. Monthly discounts on service to those who qualify.
You are searching for Other Daily Needs Services
Assurance Wireless offers free lifeline wireless phone services. You may qualify if you receive Medicaid or Food Stamps. You can also qualify based on your household income. Please call or go to the website for more information.
The agency is a disability resource center. They help individuals with disabilities exert their rights to live as independently as possible. The group gives people the tools to be their own best resource. This is done by offering a wide range of programs and services. Please call or visit the website for more information.
Services & Programs Available:
North Florida Office of Public Guardian helps disabled adults without family. They offer case management.
- 24 hour, on-call availability
- Securing and overseeing any public benefits each ward is entitled to receive
- Managing finances
- Securing and oversight of support and supplemental services
- Evaluating the personal, familial, medical and care needs of the ward
- Maintaining communication with the ward’s family, if any, based on availability and receptiveness
- Evaluation and placement in an appropriate residential setting (e.g. own home, assisted living facility, nursing home)
- Authorization of medical treatment after medical consultation
- Arranging Do Not Resuscitate, Termination of Life Support orders and burial arrangements when necessary
Please call or visit website for more information.
Operation Homefront helps military families and veterans during hard financial times. They may be able to help with car repairs. Please call 1.877.264.3968, or visit website for more information.
Safelink/Lifeline wireless phones are provided by TracFone to provide telephone service to those in need.
Those who qualify receive a free phone with free monthly minutes.
Those who live in Section 8 housing or receive Medicaid or food stamps may qualify.
Please call for more information.
If you have an illness that prevents you from working, you may be able to get Social Security Disability. You may also qualify if you will be unable to work for at least a year due to illness.
Please see website for more information.
211 is a free information and referral line. 211 links people in need with more than 2,000 local programs. 211 is staffed 24 hours a day.
211 will find help for:
- 24-Hour Crisis and Suicide Counseling
- Elder Services
- Physical and Mental Health Services
- Utilities, Housing, and Food
- Youth and Child Care Issues
VR offers assistive technology and device services under the FAAST program. They also have an exchange program (ATBAY), where people with devices can connect with others to trade or sell. There is a section for people who need equipment as well. It is mainly for people who live in Florida. FAAST also has a lending program. Please call for more information.