Agency for Persons with Disabilities assists people who have developmental disabilities, and their families. They work with local communities and private providers. They offer a range of services and referrals. Please call or visit website for more information.
You are searching for Health Services
The Alliance provides free, weekly eating disorder groups. These groups are led by a therapist. The sessions take place both virtually and in person. The organization also offers referrals, education, and advocacy. Help is available for all eating disorders. Please call or visit the website for more information.
List of Meeting Locations in Florida can be found here .
It is a public health nonprofit. Staff members look to help people who have basic health needs. They also train health professionals and students. So that they can better serve their patients. Please call or visit the website for more information.
- Tobacco Cessation & Training
- Conference Management
- Continuing Education
- Healthcare Marketplace Assistance
- Webinar Hosting
The NIA provides information and resources. These are to help individuals learn to be an effective caregiver. For a friend or family member with a serious health condition. Please visit the website for more information.
Toll Free: 800.222.2225
Information & Resources Available On:
- Long Term Care
- Advance Care Planning
- Long-Distance Caregiving
- Alzheimer's Caregiving
North Florida Office of Public Guardian helps disabled adults without family. They offer case management.
- 24 hour, on-call availability
- Securing and overseeing any public benefits each ward is entitled to receive
- Managing finances
- Securing and oversight of support and supplemental services
- Evaluating the personal, familial, medical and care needs of the ward
- Maintaining communication with the ward’s family, if any, based on availability and receptiveness
- Evaluation and placement in an appropriate residential setting (e.g. own home, assisted living facility, nursing home)
- Authorization of medical treatment after medical consultation
- Arranging Do Not Resuscitate, Termination of Life Support orders and burial arrangements when necessary
Please call or visit website for more information.
GoodDays provides financial support to patients who cannot afford medication. They also offer help with transportation and other travel costs. Please call or visit website for more information.
EyeCare America offers free eye exams to low-income, uninsured individuals and families. This service does not cover eye glasses, medications, or surgery. Please call 877.887.6327 or visit website for more information.
The Susan G. Komen foundation offers financial assistance and help. Individuals must meet certain criteria. Payment amounts are based on the current stage of cancer. The funds may be used for daily living expenses. Such as rent, utilities, food, lodging, child and elder care. Please call or visit the website for more information. Assistance is also available through email.
The state of Florida offers health insurance for children from birth through age 18, even if one or both parents are working. It includes four different parts.
Some of the services Florida KidCare covers are:
- Check-ups and shots
- Doctor visits
- Mental health
- Vision and hearing
FLC offers a range of programs and services. These are related to literacy and adult education. Please call or visit the website for more information.
Programs and Services Available:
- Professional Development
- Resources & Programs for Adult Learners
- Resource Sharing
- Health & Financial Literacy
Statewide Hotline: 1.800.237.5113