The Affordable Connectivity Program helps low-income houses pay for internet in their homes. Monthly discounts on service to those who qualify.
You are searching for Other Daily Needs Services
Boys & Girls Club offers a structured after school and summer facility. It is for youth ages 6 to 18. Members can get homework help, play sports, learn life skills and more. Please call for more information, or visit www.bgcnf.org/about-alachua.
Alachua County Library District provides the Adult Literacy and ESOL program. It is a volunteer program providing basic reading skills and English language learning services to adults. Please contact by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the phone number provided. For more information, visit www.aclib.us/literacy.
The Emergency Financial Assistance Program provides one-time assistance with rent, mortgage, and/or utility assistance of up to $900. For more information, visit www.alachuacounty.us/depts/css/socialservices/pages/services.aspx or call the number below.
We serve eligible low income residents of Alachua County with medical or general assistance needs for which there are no federal, state, or private programs available. Eligible residents must meet the Core Eligibility guidelines and fall within the established Federal Poverty Level. Contact us at the phone number below for more information.
Assurance Wireless offers free lifeline wireless phone services. You may qualify if you receive Medicaid or Food Stamps. You can also qualify based on your household income. Please call or go to the website for more information.
The agency is a disability resource center. They help individuals with disabilities exert their rights to live as independently as possible. The group gives people the tools to be their own best resource. This is done by offering a wide range of programs and services. Please call or visit the website for more information.
Services & Programs Available:
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps low-income households meet their home energy needs.
It may give several types of assistance:
- Crisis Assistance may help eligible households who are about to have their utilities cut off due to nonpayment, or whose utilities have already been disconnected – the amount is based on need, up to the maximum allowed per household
- Disaster Relief is offered during extreme heat or freezing weather, when the state has declared a weather emergency – this assistance may include utility payments, heaters, fans and blankets
- Home Energy Assistance is a one-time payment benefit towards the household’s energy account, based on the total household income
Call for more information.
Central Florida Community Action Agency, Inc. offers a range of services to those in need within the community.
Services and programs include:
- Family Self-Sufficiency Program
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- Weatherization Assistance Program
Please call or visit the website for more information.
This agency helps local communities. They help the needy and elderly with home repairs, wheelchair ramps and more. They can offer transportation and appointments. They help with yard work and pick up donations of furniture and appliances. They work together with other churches and organizations in the area.
- Building wheelchair ramps
- Household goods
- Minor home repairs
- Transportation to appointments, grocery store
- Yard work
Please call for more information.