The Affordable Connectivity Program helps low-income houses pay for internet in their homes. Monthly discounts on service to those who qualify.
You are searching for Other Family Assistance Services
People with certain disabilities may apply for services from APD.
Agency for Persons with Disabilities (APD) may offer the following services:
- Medicaid HCBS Waiver through iBudget Florida
- Placement in an intermediate care facility for those with developmental disabilities
- Supported employment services
- Supported living services
- Consumer Directed Care Plus (CDC+)
- IFS funding for non-waiver customer expenses
Please call for more information.
This America Red Cross chapter offers many services to those in need.
- CPR Training
- Disaster Assistance
- Disaster Response Training
- First Aid Courses
- Lifeguard, Swimming and Water Safety Lessons
- Safe and Well Website
- Services to Armed Forces
Please see the website for more information.
CARC – Advocates for Citizens provides Adult Day Training. The following services and activities are available to support each individual and to help them achieve their goals:
- Adult Basic Education provided by the Columbia County School Board
- Arts and crafts
- Assistance with personal care activities is provided on a one-to-one basis in the individual’s own home or family home or while individual is engaged in a community activity
- Community activities and field trips
- Outdoor sports
- Personal Care Assistance
- Social activities such as parties and dances
- Specialized training in the activities of daily living, adaptive and social skills, and self-advocacy
- Vocational training and paid work through the manufacture and sale of various products, retail work, and lawn maintenance (examples of assistance are meal preparation, bathing, dressing, personal hygiene and other self care activities)
Catholic Charities of Lake City Regional Office give people a hand up and not a hand-out. They do this through a variety of programs across five counties. Please call or visit the website for more information.
UF CARD offers services in 14 Florida counties. They are a team of professionals. That serve children and adults with autism and related disabilities. The services offered are free of charge. For someone to receive services, documentation of a qualifying diagnosis is needed. Please call or visit then website for more information.
Toll Free: 1.800.754.5891
Department of Children and Families provides Adult Protective Services. They help adults who may be at risk of being harmed or neglected. DCF also helps when an adult is unable to take care of themselves properly. Clients may be elderly or have a disability. Please call 1.800.962.2873 or visit website for more information.
Florida Department of Children and Families provides Child Welfare Services to children and families in need.
- Becoming a Foster Parent
- Child Care
- Children's Legal Services
- Community-Based Care
- Family Safety
- Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children
- Youth & Young Adults
Please call 904.723.2000 or visit website for more information.
Department of Children and Families provides Refugee Services. They help refugees who are new to Florida. Clients can get help getting a job, learning English, legal services, and more. Please call 904.723.2000 or visit website for more information.
This program helps victims of crimes committed by Florida inmates. Through the VINE program, victims can sign up for an automatic notification service. Anyone may call the toll-free number to get an inmate's current location and release date. You may also register to learn when an inmate is released, transferred, escapes or dies. The VINE service is confidential. It is available 24 hours a day. Please see the website for more information.
Toll Free: 1.877.884.2846